For me, it is kind of an old issue. I once did some research on this when there's a request for me to write an article on 'did cell phone damage the ears?' in our faculty yearly magazine. But few days ago I came across an article entitle 'telefon bimbit lebih banyak membunuh daripada merokok'. I was shocked, is it that dangerous? I will share with you some simple points for clear understanding, inshaAllah.
My reference would be the articles from official organizations:
WHO, FDA, HPS, FCC, and NCRP
People believe cell phones would lead to cancer due to the electromagnetic energy (EM) which been emitted.
Why is it impossible to affect human health?
I behold on these points:
1. As the concern on this matter been raised since long time ago, many organizations did some research and they found no scientific evidence to prove that cell phone will lead to cancer. You can try to google with keywords 'cell phone radiation', 'mobile phone radiation' and etc etc. All the best.
2. Cell phones operate in a low EM energy level, also in a frequency range which is classified as non-inonizing radiation and it would not harm human as other ionizing radiation such as x-ray.
3. As far as i'm concern, from the radiofrequency (RF), only heat will penetrate out body. Thus, try to avoid talking too long on the phone as the heat will expand your blood vessel, resulting in headache. If you still wanted to do so, use headphone to avoid the heat. Ok?
4. From what I learned in my field, radiation dose increase as distance became closer. But for this case, even the cell phone is right at the skull area, it won't harm human. As the key point is, it is non-ionizing radiation which has not enough energy to remove electrons from the outer shell of an atom. Means, it cannot give biological damage to human. Arasto?
5. Brain cancer sufferer is not only from those using cell phones, but also those who didn't.
In a research, they exposed subjects to the RF signals. No change in anything like spatial memory etc, but they found a standout observation.
>>The participants were actually able to make choices more quickly in one visual test when they were exposed to the signals :D
If you still aware on this issue, you can always google to find out some ideas to reduce the RF (even though it did not give bio effects). Research is still ongoing from time to time, yet still they cannot prove it. Thus, worry not to use your mobile phone, but of course not too exessive ;)
"O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done."
[al hujurat: 6]
take care frens :)
p/s: er, merokok sah2 akan dapat lung cancer, tapi cell phone takde prove lagi. Instead masih ramai merokok jugak :D